Statement for Spending of Funds for PE and Sports Provision
As you may be aware, schools receive money from the government to be used specifically for the development and provision of PE and Sport in Primary Schools.
Middleton Primary School have allocated this funding in the following way:
- Employment of qualified coaches and specialist teachers to work alongside teachers in lessons, to increase knowledge, understanding, skills and confidence in PE
- Allowing staff to attend appropriate CPD opportunities
- Buying into local sports networks
- Providing after school sports clubs for pupils of all ages
- Continue to develop our links with PE teachers in our local secondary school to help us improve our sports provision
We will continue to keep you updated about the opportunities that are available to your child/children and how Middleton Primary School is continuing to use this funding.
Please click on the link below to access further information about how we have spent our Sports Premium allocation this year
Leeds South & Central School Sport Partnership
At Middleton Primary School, we work with the Leeds South and Central Sports Partnership to ensure an improved PE & Sport experience. Together, we believe that sport can contribute towards raising aspirations, improving academic attainment and preparing young people to move forward in their lives.
Building on the success of London 2012 we aim to inspire a generation of young people to become engaged in sport and lead healthy active lifestyles.
Click here to access further information on the Leeds South and School Sport Partnership website.