The Write Stuff
Did you know that Jane Considine, author of The Write Stuff, is delivering FREE English lessons every weekday live from YouTube during the schools closures?
Thousands of pupils (and teachers) are tuning in to learn from the expert. Every day, Jane sets the pupils a writing task using her tried and tested methods and the children carry out that task. They then send the completed work onto her, where she selects her favourite sentences of the day, and knits them together to make a full story.
If you want to join in, it couldn’t be easier.
- Visit our YouTube account every morning at 9:45am GMT ready for her first live broadcast where she announces the focus of the day.
- Return for her second livestream at 10:30am where she will do a short teaching session and issue the task.
- Carry out the task as instructed by Jane.
- Share the work on social media using the hashtag #SuperSentenceStacker.
- Jane will them review the submissions and put them together to make the full story and she reads it out as a class reading session at 3:30pm. To join, simply click below and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
At Middleton Primary School, we are all about reading. Reading for knowledge, reading for ideas and reading for enjoyment! Whilst you are at home, take a look at some of the books below.
Enjoy reading them together!